Garage door repair is inevitable regardless of what type of garage door that
you have. Therefore, you should pick the style that fits your unique tastes and your
home best. There are many different types of garage doors that you can select from
depending on the age and style of your home. Below are a few of these styles
explained for you to select from.
1. Sectional Garage Doors: This is the most popular type of garage door that
you are likely used to. This type of garage door is made up of paneled
sections that roll with wheels at the edges. Each panel bends over a curve of
the track as it goes up and down. Just imagine what you consider to be a
standard garage door.
2. Roll-Up Garage Doors: Roll-up doors are ideal in commercial applications.
They can be quite basic and typically made of steel sections that roll around
a drum above the door opening. The way that these doors are built they are
made to withstand heavy usage making them an ideal selection of
3. Slide to Side Garage Doors: This type of garage door was designed for
spaces that have very little headroom. Slide to side garage doors operate by
sliding either left to right to avoid having to go up overhead for short spaces.
4. Side-Hinged Garage Doors: These types of doors are considered old-
fashioned and operate much like a barn door.
5. Canopy Garage Door: This type of garage door goes up overhead like the
sectional garage door except that it does not have sections. This means it
does not break into sections to lay flat as it goes up overhead. The canopy
garage door is in one solid piece that pivots up.
If any style garage door that you may have needs garage door repair our
team of trained professionals would be happy to help.